This little concoction is something we came up with for a charity event and it has been a house favorite ever since. We wanted it to be reminiscent of peach sour candy from childhood, but with a more grown up aftertaste.
- Fill a double rocks glass 2/3 full of ice
- Add 2 drops of Fee Brothers Old Fashioned Bitters
- 3/4 oz fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup*
- 1-1/2 oz Deep Eddy Peach Vodka (it is infused with real peach so be sure to shake the bottle before each use)
- 1-1/2 oz Fresca
- 3 oz of Bundaberg Peach Soda (again, contains real peach so be sure to invert the bottle a few times before using)
- Put 2 drops of Fee Brothers Peach Bitters on top
- Garnish with a mint sprig
Be sure to ‘open’ the mint garnish either by slapping it between your hands once or giving it a sharp snap against the back of your wrist. Like muddling, this releases some of the oils and intensifies the aroma.
- Put 1 cup of sugar in a pan
- Add 1 cup of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves
- Allow to cool
- Refrigerate with 1/2 oz of regular vodka
The above recipe is what we use when serving to a broad range of people. If someone really likes tart/sour you can increase the lemon juice from 3/4 oz to 1 oz.