The original Mojito is a great beach/warm weather drink. A little tart, a little sweet. But what about when things really heat up? Enter a blended version!
Pitcher (serves 4)
- Place 20 mint leaves in a blender
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of Flor de Caña Extra Seco white rum
- 5 cups of crushed ice
- Blend to a puree
- Fill a stemmed glass 2/3 to 3/4 full of the blended mix
- Top with diet 7-up
- Stir to combine
- Garnish with a mint sprig (opt.)
To adjust the tartness you can change the ratio of mix to 7-Up.
Tip: When you blend a cocktail the coldness tends to mute some flavors. That’s why, for this drink, we added more rum and less sugar than the Mojito recipe (The Clown Car) that we included in the house cocktail book.