Can’t get to the beach to escape the heat? Cool down with an adult Slurpee!
Start by making fresh Hibiscus/Mint tea/lemonade.
- Put 1-1/2 cups sugar in pan
- Add 2-1/2 cups of water
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar
- Remove from heat
- Add 6 hibiscus tea bags
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Cover and let steep for 10 minutes
- Strain out the leaves and tea bags and allow to cool
- Add 1 cup fresh lemon juice
The tea/lemonade is already a nice, refreshing beverage. But if you want to turn it into a delicious adult frozen beverage, get out your blender (to serve 4):
- Add 6 oz Hendrick’s gin
- 1 cup of the Hibiscus-tea-lemonade
- 1 cup of diet 7-up
- 5 cups of crushed ice
Blend until smooth. Adding the carbonated 7-up before blending gives the iced drink an interesting, Slurpee-like texture.
Serve in a wine glass and garnish with a mint leaf.